Try this because,
- Easy to make!
- Make once, eat all week!
- Clean and fresh ingredients!
- Very different from other meatless burgers!
- Tastes much better than store brought!
- Loaded with veggies!
- Most of all, it is not dry and won’t fall apart on you. Nothing but tender, tasty, with perfectly crispy edges!
One thing quarentinelife though me, “make the best of fresh produce!”. My first attempt at making burgers, let alone plant based!
Without tempting you any further, here it is!
I promise you the best, tender, tasty, with perfectly crispy edges, that are easy to make, with a handful of ingredients that you possibly already have in your kitchen.
- Green peas – 3/4th cup
- Green beans – 1/2 cup
- Potato – one tiny lime sized
- Chickpea flour – 4 tbsp
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Quinoa flour – 4 tbsp
- Seasoning: Onion powder, garlic powder, chili flakes, turmeric, fresh coriander/cilantro & salt
- Bread crumbs – 4 tbsp
- For assembling: Burger buns, tomatoes, onions, lettuce/cucumber, bell peppers and a sauce of your choice
- Slightly steam the veggies
- Finely chop them/ or in their food processor
- To this add the other ingredients mentioned in the ingredients list including the spices
- Mix it all up into a tight dough by gradually adding water as needed
- Let it rest in an airtight container for 30mins
- Divide the dough into more or less 4-5 equal parts depending on the size of the burger buns you plan to use
- Pat it into a think patty, while keep the center relatively shallow so they cook evenly
- Time to coat it with breadcrumbs and stick them in the fridge, covered with a damp towel until ready to cook/at least an hour.
- Cook them on a skillet, stovetop grill or a traditional grill
- Takes about 3-4 mins on each side, basically until it turns golden brown with crispy edges
- Let them rest for a couple minutes after moving them to the dish
- Just don’t let them burn
- Chop tomatoes, onions and peppers diagonally into circles
- Leave them on the grill for a minute or so, not longer, you don’t want them to cook through
- In a separate bowl, mix together your favorite hot sauce(we used Frank’s red hot), vegan mayo & ketchup
- Stack them up as you please and enjoy with your favorite sides or make my delicious healthy fries!
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste if needed
- No, we did not use any oil or cheese here. It was not intentional, just a habit. Feel free to use oil to grease the pan to cook your veggie patty
- Yes, using a hot sauce makes all the difference, even better when it is Frank’s Red Hot
Do tag me and let me know how you liked it!