One day I opened my closet looking for something nice & colorful to wear with some cute prints & all I could see was these same old plain blacks & grays (oh boy, if that isn’t the most frustrating thing ever!) Which wasn’t that surprising either. All I do is pick the same over & over even when my eyes are on something else but all that comes home are blacks & grays. Shocking, all I wanted to do was to get all the colors on the color wheel in my closet right away. But then, once am in store I would again end up buying the same stuff. Is this a curse or what! 🤯 Will I ever get to wear something other than blacks & grays ever again?! 🤯 That’s what even I thought, until now!😎 Well, we are now about to break that curse! 🧙♀️
If you are one of those who always go back to boring cloths every time, then keep up. You won’t be doing that anymore after reading this! Now is the time to get it right and play with some fun colors & cool prints. 😌Don’t worry am not asking you to go crazy with funky neon colors(although, you should, if you like being experimental). Trust me, by the end of this you will master the theory of wearing colors & prints! 😎
Talking Fashion couldn’t be any more fun! You must have already seen bits and pieces of my new obsession over yellows & whites on my Instagram, if not go follow me there for live updates. Since it’s summer playing around with colors & prints is so much more fun. 😀What does summer remind you of? 🌞To me summer is all about seeing places, roaming around till your legs give up on you, eating mangoes & having fun in the sun even though you might later look at your tan face & go “I should have spent a lil less time under the sun”.🌻
There is no right or wrong when it comes to dressing, we all know that. Yet we worry all the time “I dunno what to wear, I have nothing to wear” has to come up every day!Well, I say, just start experimenting! Don’t stick to the same old that you think makes you look slimmer, taller, sexier or whatever. 😏 You never know there could be a new black out there waiting for you. Wondering how to find your new black? Well, that’s easy as a pie.😋
I’ll tell you a small fun exercise that you can simply do when you go shopping this time. Can you do that? Hello, you better do! 👉You will thank me later. Once you do that you will no more be scared of colors & prints. 👩🏻🎨 This is how I found out that yellow is my new black. Stick around till the end their is a surprise! 🧚🏻♀️
Coming back to how you can get to a colorful wardrobe, here is what you do when you are out shopping this time!
1. Inspiration Board: Create a Pinterest board & save all the fun ootd images that you like. You can do it on Instagram too, now that it’s got the save button. Just literally blindly save colorful outfits with different prints, patterns etc., You can also refer to my previous posts for some inspiration. Do as many as you like until you have enough to pick & choose from.
2. Understand The Theme: Now, go through all of those saved outfit images from Pinterest & Instagram. You will definitely notice something common among those saved images. That could be anything, a specific color or a specific stripe pattern that caught youthful attention or some abstract print to something totally different like a texture of a fabric or a weave that’s common in your saved images. Identify what that theme for you is, see how you feel. If your Fashion instinct is still not talking to you, just go to the store! Yes, just go to the store. 💁🏽♀️
3. Go For It: 👍Go to your favorite store, add everything in your cart. You’ve gotta pick at least 2 different prints & 2 different colors. Something that you love it never dared to try one yourself . Because, you are scared it might not look as good on you. Here is your chance to wear that dress that you’ve always adored on others. Don’t get into the judging mode yet.🤫😐 You know what kind of colors & prints you like from the inspiration board that you created. That’s gonna help you pick those pieces that you otherwise would never even consider for yourself. Now, try it on! You can see yourself how different the dresses look on you v/s in your imagination v/s on the manikin. Told you 😉
4. Filter: You are now through that hard part of the fun exercise, finally! It’s gonna probably take very little to no time to filter, keeping in mind how versatile you wanna go this time. Once you try them on, take a picture if you want so you can compare yourself. I find it easier to decide when you look at all the options on your phone side by side, also easy to spot those odd lengths & unflattering hemlines in a picture. You will be now left with the most amazing piece in your hand. I promise, you will be thrilled to discover something like that could ever look good on you. And, here you were obsessing over nothing & held back from trying.
5. Let’s Celebrate & Inspire: End of the day all that matters is “do you love what you picked?” “Are you thrilled to wear it every chance you get?”. If that’s yes! I consider my job done & successfully ✅ done. l really would love to see what you picked & how helpful this has been to be fearless & happy with your clothing choices. What you wear is what you are! Do share or tag me in your pictures or DM me on Instagram personally.